The Capua Law Firm defends and prosecutes employment law claims. The firm has represented an array of large, multinational corporations in employment suits involving race and gender discrimination, sexual harassment, trade secret and non-compete claims, ERISA violations, Equal Pay Act, wrongful discharge, FMLA, executive terminations, and whistle-blower claims. Additionally, the firm’s attorneys have extensive experience successfully prosecuting similar claims on behalf of individuals.
Conversant in Italian and Spanish, the firm’s attorneys also represent multinational companies and individuals on employment disputes involving foreign employees working in the U.S. or U.S. employees expatriated abroad. In the course of this work, the firm’s attorneys have often served as the liaison between the employing company and its foreign counsel. Capua Law Firm advises clients on state and federal workplace rules and regulations and provides Equal Employment Opportunity counseling.
Capua Law attorneys bring the benefit of employment law experience to our clients through the wide range of employment-related services we provide.
Counseling + Transactions
- Counseling employers and employees in hiring, firing, and performance issues
- Advice and counseling in pre-suit and settlement negotiations
- Drafting and negotiating employment and severance agreements
- Drafting policies and procedures and regulatory compliance
Discrimination / Wrongful Discharge
- Litigating claims under, among others, Title VII, PDA, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, and ERISA claims, as well as all state civil rights and anti-discrimination statutes including wrongful discharge, unjust dismissal, trade secret, and non-compete disputes
- Defense and prosecution of class actions
- Representation before state and federal governmental agencies
- Representation in FINRA arbitrations
Restrictive Covenants / Trade Secrets
- Handling non-competition and non-solicitation claims
- Drafting contractual covenants including trade secrets, non-solicitation, and non-competition
- Consultation concerning rights and obligations with respect to restrictive covenants, trade secrets, licensing, copyright, and trademarks.
Wage & Hour
- Defense of wage and hour claims
- Advise clients in connection with investigations and audits conducted by the state and federal departments of labor in connection with wage and hour issues.
- Consultation and assistance in compliance with wage and hour laws.
- On-site EEO training and counseling